Sat, 14 Apr|
Expedition Seminar - UK - 14 April 2018
A day long interactive session to help you get the best out of Expedition Software.
Time & Location
14 Apr 2018, 09:00 – 16:30
A+T Instruments, 235 Bentley Way, Ampress Park, Lymington SO41 8JW, UK
About the Event
What will the seminar cover?
- Focusing on Expedition Navigation Software to enhance your yacht racing performance, starting with the fundamentals and working through to advanced features and functions
- Exploring techniques to analyse performance
- Explore weather and current sources/services and how to filter through them all
- New through to experienced users
- Inshore bouy & W/L racing
- Pre race planning
- Coastal/offshore/transoceanic passages
Topics covered will include (not exhaustive):
• Instrument/network connectivity and data inputs
• Setting up routes, creating/managing waypoint and route databases
• Creating and managing polars and sail cross-over charts
• Setting up and using Start line functions
• Setting up and using Stripchart effectively
• Using Expedition/Stripchart to calibrate instruments
• Saving data as tests, creating events in a database
• Using Expedition as an instrument system
• Customising displays
• Downloading and analysing weather
• Inputting and using currents
• Setting up, running and analysing optimal routes
• Post race review of log files
• Inputting Race Schedules and tracking competitors
There will be an assumed level of knowledge of digital chart plotting systems, however it is not essential.
This is an interactive seminar, not a lecture. Questions and ideas encouraged.
But I don’t own Expedition!
No problem. We can furnish you with a demo version to use on the day.
There will be plenty of power sockets available and you are encouraged to bring your machine along with the latest version of Exp installed.
Places are limited in order to deliver a high quality session, please book early.
Exp Seminar 14 Apr 2018