Thu, 08 Jul | Webinar
Cowes - Dinard - St Malo 2021 :: Race strategy and weather/currents
Unfortunately Campbell will not be competing, but has done the research and has been analysing the route as forecasts are evolving. He will share some of his thoughts on strategy development and how to tackle this classic RORC race.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
08 Jul 2021, 19:00 – 20:00
About the Event
A walk through the course for the St Malo race the evening before:
- Overview of how the forecasts have been evolving over the previous few days
- Study of a range of wind models to develop an early strategy and review of tidal stream and ocean current forecasts, focussing on the Channel Islands
- Analysis and discussion of route optimisations for an average rated boat in each class
- Discuss the optional return course - some interesting options
- A discount is available for RORC members, please see details at checkout and enter a coupon code.
- Cowes - Dinard - St Malo race£31.25£31.250£0